My favorite dish to order at Mexican restaurants is fish tacos. I love the combination of flaky white fish, crunchy red cabbage, creamy avocado, and bright flavors from the lime and cilantro. But let's face it: when you have serious fitness goals, you probably aren't frequenting Mexican restaurants. The chips and salsa alone do me in! I was determined to come up with my own healthy version of fish tacos. This recipe is sure to make you forget you're dieting!
- 4 corn tortilla
- 4 fillet tilapia
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup, shredded red cabbage
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Set oven to 375 degrees, wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven while cooking tilapia.
- Heat coconut oil in medium pan over medium heat.
- Season tilapia filets evenly with all spices.
- Place filets in pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Once tilapia is fully cooked, assemble tacos. Place one tilapia filet in each corn tortilla with 1/4 sliced avocado, red cabbage, and garnish with cilantro and lime.
- Note: Add 1 tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt for a great sour cream alternative!