A low fat, high fiber, high protein salad recipe.
- 3 cup green beans
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- 1 14 oz can kidney beans, canned
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- Steam or cook the green beans in a pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Drain and plunge beans into cold water to stop cooking and retain color.
- Combine cooked green beans with cannellini beans, kidney beans and shallots in a large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, oil and mustard and drizzle over bean mixture.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.