Stuck in a cycle of boring meal prep? Add some variety to your diet with the SBTZ turkey skillet! It's strong, bold, tasty, zesty, and guaranteed to help you grow!
- 3 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- 4 italian tomato tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup cilantro
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet on the stove on medium-high heat. Preferably, choose a skillet that's about 1-2 inches deep and has a lid.
- Brown the turkey in the skillet until a light crust forms on the bottom.
- While the turkey is still slightly pink, add in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Continue to brown the turkey.
- Add in fresh veggies. Start with the mushrooms, since they have a longer cook time. Save the cilantro and scallions for the end. Add salt and pepper.
- Once your turkey is done cooking, add in the remaining ingredients. Allow the skillet to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Taste, adding more seasoning if needed. Cover and reduce heat, letting everything simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain off the liquid to cut a few grams of extra fat, or stir and enjoy the added flavor. Dig in!