Chicken contains choline, an essential nutrient that supports your heart, liver, and brain, and helps prevent neural-tube defects in early pregnancy; a serving of Thai Peanut Chicken supplies nearly 25 percent of your daily needs. You can substitute boneless chicken breast as well.
- 8 piece chicken thigh
- 1 dash black pepper
- ¾ cup salsa
- ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Season chicken with fresh ground black pepper and place in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and place on serving platter. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.