Here's a meal prep idea for all you Thai fans! Thai cuisine happens to be one of my favorites, so I was quite happy with how authentic this simplified version of Thai chicken coconut curry came out.
- 24 oz chicken breast
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 cup 1" pieces, loosely packed kale
- 1½ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp splenda, brown sugar blend
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Slice chicken breasts into 1/4-inch strips (very thin).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add chicken. Cook until meat is white or lightly browned and just barely cooked through.
- Set chicken aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add diced onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook and stir until fragrant and onion is translucent.
- Add carrots and bell peppers, cooking about 3 minutes until tender.
- Add back chicken, plus kale, coconut milk, and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- For meal prep, weigh out the entire batch and divide by six to find the exact weight per serving. Serve over cooked basmati rice or riced cauliflower and enjoy!