Guacamole is an excellent side dish for any meal. It's loaded with healthy fats, rich in fiber, and doesn't contain any preservatives or processed ingredients—as long as you make it yourself, that is.
- 2 fruit, without skin and seed avocado
- 1 lemon yields lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 whole plum tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Place avocado meat in a bowl, squeeze the lemon juice over top, and mash together.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Keep mashing until well mixed. If you prefer no chunks in your guacamole, feel free to puree the mixture.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.