It's called the "breakfast of champions" for a reason. (If it's not called that, it should be.) Chomping some steak and eggs for your morning meal is a sure-fire way to increase your protein intake. The sweet potatoes will offer some complex carbs so you have the energy to start your day strong.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz sirloin steak, about 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole egg
- ⅛ tsp garlic, pureed
- 1 tbsp green onion, sliced
- 1 whole sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- While oil is heating, gently tenderize the steak, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the steak in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes before turning over.
- Cook for another five minutes, or slightly longer depending your preference.
- Transfer the steak to a plate and cover with foil to keep it warm.
- Pour 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil to the same skillet and then add both eggs.
- Add garlic and green onion and scramble for 3-4 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
- While eggs are cooking, place sweet potatoes in a bowl with a small amount of water and cover.
- Microwave potatoes for 3 minutes.
- When eggs are done, remove from pan and place on plate with the steak, and cover.
- Finally, add the remaining 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil to the skillet and cook sweet potatoes until they're crispy.
- Serve potatoes alongside steak and eggs.