This is a filling, hearty veggie dish! Even though there's no meat, you'll still need a knife and fork to dig into this meal.
- 2 piece whole portabella mushroom caps
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup tempeh
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) tomato, diced
- 2 oz fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- Turn on oven to high broil. Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and tempeh to pan and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until onion begins to soften.
- Add quinoa, spices, salt and pepper and saute a few more minutes.
- On a baking sheet, place portabello mushrooms brushed lightly with olive oil.
- Stack mushroom caps with spinach, quinoa mixture, sliced tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes.