Protein isn't enough, chief. You need your veggies, and there's no better place to get them than the first meal of the day. Banish boring eggs from your life with this scrumptious spinach scramble!
- 3 whole egg
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine the whole eggs, egg whites, and salt, and pepper in a bowl. Lightly beat to mix.
- Add oil or cooking spray to your skillet, and add spinach to sauté. Minced garlic is optional. (Give it a shot—you might be surprised by how much you like it!)
- Once the spinach begins to wilt, pour in egg mixture. Let mixture sit for about 30-40 seconds.
- Slowly turn the eggs, resting 10-15 seconds between each turn. Repeat this process until eggs are set. Don't burn them! Remove from heat, add a sprinkle of red pepper, and enjoy.