Time to up your omelet game! This recipe marries spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach for a delicious breakfast you don’t want to miss.
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup, diced potatoes
- 3 whole egg
- ½ cup, diced cheese, swiss, low fat
- 2½ cup baby spinach
- 1½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat a pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse, then deeply gouge a small potato with a fork, and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Finely dice the garlic, and add to the pan with spinach, and diced mushrooms. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted, and the mushrooms softened. Remove and set aside.
- Next, combine the egg whites with the eggs, pour them into the pan, and cook in a flat round shape for about 30 seconds, pulling away the edges and allowing the egg to flow to the sides of the pan.
- Top with spinach mixture and some swiss cheese. Season with salt and pepper, add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, fold in half, and serve.
- Potatoes can be seasoned with salt and pepper, or cayenne if desired. Place the remaining cheese on top.