I made this variation to replace the Mongolian BBQ I missed so much after giving up gluten. Sadly, soy sauce and noodles have gluten. I promise this is filling and yummy, even without the noodles!
- 1 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 eggplant
- 1 cup cilantro
- 8 oz water chestnuts
- 8 oz bean sprouts, canned
- Add turkey, onion, garlic, and pepper to a large wok or pan and cook over medium heat until turkey is lightly browned.
- Add eggplant and Szechuan sauce. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is browned.
- Add bamboo, water chestnuts, sprouts, cilantro, and liquid aminos or soy sauce (to taste).
- Cover and let simmer for about 8 more minutes.