This variation of the classic favorite is loaded with antioxidants, nutrient-dense, and designed to support your body-composition goals. If you're building muscle, double up the pasta serving for more carbs. If you're on a strict low-carb diet, prepare it without pasta for a leaner option that works with individual goals.
- 8 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 cup water
- 2 large onions
- 2 large (7-1/4" to 8-/1/2" long) carrots
- 2 stalk, large (11"-12" long) celery, raw
- 1 tsp, ground thyme
- 3 piece chicken breast
- 2 cup egg noodles
- 1 cup, shredded cabbage
- Bring broth and water to a simmer over medium-high heat in a large pot. Next, add onions, carrots, celery and thyme and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add egg noodles with chicken and pasta and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes.