When you accidentally create the perfect soft-baked snickerdoodle protein cookie, you can't wait until Christmas. These cookies are chewy, with an almost-gooey middle and crisp edges—they're the perfect consistency, if you ask me. I am in love with that cinnamon-sugar flavor, too. Did I mention each cookie is only 76 calories with 7 grams of protein?
- 80 g vanilla whey protein powder
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup Pyure organic stevia blend
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp cashew butter
- ⅛ cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp butter extract
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp Pyure organic stevia blend
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix in the wet ingredients and water until a thick dough is formed. You may need more or less water depending on protein powder used.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll the dough into balls of a rounded tablespoon each, and place them on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Use a fork to flatten the cookies in a crisscross pattern, then sprinkle them with sweetener and cinnamon.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until the edges are firm but the center is still quite soft. Cookies will set as they cool.
- Enjoy your cookies immediately, or store them at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.