Craving something golden brown and crispy for breakfast? These healthy protein waffles have you covered! Use regular or gluten-free flour as the base for these birthday cake waffles, and double the batch so you can save the extras for healthy breakfasts on the go! Add your favorite cheat-day toppings like whipped cream, syrup, and sprinkles for a truly decadent breakfast celebration!
- 1 scoop signature Birthday Cake Whey Protein Powder
- ⅓ cup baking flour
- 2 tsp truvia
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tbsp water
- 1½ tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
toppings (optional) Ingredients
- 1 tsp cake sprinkles
- 2 tbsp dairy-free reduced fat whipped topping
- Preheat waffle griddle one notch below medium heat.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of batter to waffle griddle and cook until golden brown. Repeat for second waffle.
- Serve with toppings of your choice, such as whipped topping and sprinkles, fresh fruit and syrup, or chopped Signature Birthday Cake Protein Crunch Bar.