Mmmmm…donuts. If a dozen of these popular deep-fried dough wheels can tempt you to stray from your macros, have no fear: Our birthday cake donuts are high-protein, gluten-free, and totally delicious. Made with almond and coconut flours and sweetened with a sugar substitute, you can indulge in these lower-carb, high-protein donuts without sabotaging your goals. Get that extra-large coffee cup ready for dunking, because this is one birthday treat you'll want to enjoy every day!
- 2 scoop signature Birthday Cake Whey Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tsp truvia
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp butter extract
- 1 scoop signature Birthday Cake Whey Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp truvia
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp cake sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until no clumps remain.
- Spoon mixture into a sealable baggie, seal top, and cut a 3/4-inch hole in one corner.
- Pipe batter into six wells of a lightly greased donut pan.
- Bake donuts for 8-10 minutes, until just cooked through and slightly firm to the touch.
- While donuts are cooking, whisk together protein powder and almond milk for the glaze. Add melted sweetener, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sprinkles (optional) to glaze and whisk again.
- Once donuts are cool, dip them in glaze and set them on a plate in the fridge to set. Enjoy!
- Special equipment: 1 regular donut pan