Sometimes, the filling speaks for itself. I mean, who needs a chicken club when you can indulge in a seafood-filled piece of poultry? That bread's just holding you back. Wrap your taste buds around this protein-inside-protein combo and take your meal plan to the max.
- 18 oz chicken breast
- 6 oz shrimp, precooked and diced
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 4 asparagus spears
- ½ red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Set oven to 375 F.
- Chop up veggies—asparagus, bell pepper, red onion, green onion, garlic—into small pieces. Remember to remove and discard the bottom of the asparagus stems.
- Peel the cooked shrimp and chop into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix shrimp, veggies, yogurt, cheese, and a little sea salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken breast with garlic, sea salt, pepper, rosemary, and fresh lemon juice.
- Slice the chicken along the side, but be careful not to completely split it down the middle. The chicken breast should resemble a piece of pita bread.
- Evenly divide the shrimp mixture among the chicken breasts. Stuff 'em.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet. Top with thin slices of lemon.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the juice from the chicken has run clear.