The winner of the challenge is Savory Chicken Meatballs with Zucchini Pasta and Marinara Sauce, and a fully-loaded twice-baked sweet potato by Joseph, aka @cookeatlift!
- ¾ lb ground chicken breast
- 2 whole egg
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp, leaves oregano
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ whole red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- 6 cup cherry tomatoes tomatoes, sliced
- 3 whole zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, mix ground chicken breast, eggs, panko crumbs (or Quest protein chips), half of the oregano, 1 tbsp garlic, onion, goat cheese, and sea salt & pepper.
- Form small meatballs, about the size of golf balls, and place on a baking sheet. With these ingredients, I was able to make 12 of equal size.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes. To brown the top of the meatballs and add a small layer of crispiness, you can bake for 18 minutes and then broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop up tomatoes into small pieces and set aside.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and spray it with coconut oil spray. Add 1 tbsp garlic and the rest of the oregano, and cook for about 2 minutes, continuously stirring with a spatula.
- Add diced tomatoes to the skillet and stir. Then, toss in tomato sauce. Stir, then reduce to low heat and cover cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Shred a zucchini using a julienne peeler or a spiralizer. Place the raw zucchini noodles into your meal-prep containers, then top with the cooked chicken meatballs and drizzle with marinara sauce.