Since fish fillets don't always come in perfectly pre-measured packages, this is a great recipe to use up your leftover cooked salmon. Using almond flour helps keep these salmon cakes low-carb, and the grilled asparagus and avocado lime puree add light, fresh flavors to round out this quick and satisfying meal.
- 5 oz salmon, smoked
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 dash table salt
- ½ cup asparagus
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare the asparagus by snapping off the woody base of the stalks. Toss the asparagus spears with olive oil, and a little salt.
- Roast asparagus for 8-10 minutes depending on size and desired doneness.
- Skin the avocado and remove the seed. Mash the flesh with lime juice and a little salt, mix in mayonnaise, and set aside.
- Combine the salmon with the egg white, almond flour, spices, and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and form into a cake. Cook in a hot skillet with a little oil.
- Cook salmon cakes for 3-4 minutes per side, serve with roasted asparagus and the avocado lime puree.