Some things are just better roasted. For example, brussels sprouts, yellow baby potatoes, fennel, and radishes. If you've never tried roasted radish—I hadn't until recently—you're in for a treat. This tart root takes on a much milder, sweeter profile when cooked and pairs delightfully with the Dijon maple glaze.
Spring Vegetable Ingredients
- 1½ lb potatoes
- 2 bulb fennel bulb, stalks removed
- 1 lb radishes, greens removed
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp, ground black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Wash vegetables thoroughly, and prepare as follows: quarter potatoes lengthwise; remove fennel stalks and core, then cut into 1" pieces; trim both ends of radish, quarter lengthwise; trim bottoms of Brussels sprouts, and cut in half.
- Toss prepared vegetables in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange vegetables in one or two baking dishes in a single layer, not heaped on top of each other.
- Roast vegetables in oven for 30-40 minutes until easily pierced with a fork.
- Whisk together lemon juice, maple syrup, and Dijon to make a glaze.
- As a final step, toss vegetables in lemon glaze. Serve warm.