This fantastic side dish is quick and easy to prepare. Mushrooms are surprisingly high in overall dietary protein, with more than 7 grams of protein per dozen, making this is a good option for those who struggle to get enough dietary protein.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- ½ tsp, ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts, trim the stems, and cut in half. Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Combine the Brussels sprouts and mushrooms in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and season with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and mushrooms on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts have reached desired tenderness.