Add some protein to your chocolate with this easily customizable recipe for almond bar that's FitMenCook approved.
- 4 oz almonds
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash sea salt
- Place almonds on cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil. Roast in oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let almonds cool, and crush them.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave at 45-second intervals until smooth.
- Add crushed almonds to melted chocolate.
- Spread mixture on parchment paper placed on a baking sheet.
- Top with cranberries, sea salt, and red pepper to taste.
- Put tray in freezer for 45 minutes.
- Break apart into bark pieces, and eat!