This is one of my favorite summer salads to bring to barbecues or to pot-luck parties. It also serves well for weekly meal planning! This dish isn't your average green side salad, but has a healthy dose of protein, complex carbs and good-for-you fats. Pair it with lean meat for a complete meal.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup, chopped red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 fruit (2" dia) limes, raw
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup dry quinoa to a rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover. Allow to cook for another 15 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- In a separate small saucepan, boil frozen edamame in water for 5 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Once quinoa and edamame are fully cooked, add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until all flavors are incorporated.