This chili recipe is mild in terms of heat. For an extra kick, add in Sriracha or some other hot sauce. For additional calories, top your chili with sour cream, cheese, bacon, or anything else you can think of!
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1⅓ lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 2 cup water
- ½ whole red onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp green chilies, diced
- ⅛ cup red pepper, roasted, thinly sliced
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz kidney beans, canned
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 cup tomatoes, crushed, canned
- Heat a large pan on stove at medium heat.
- Add olive oil and let that heat up.
- Add lean ground turkey and brown on both sides, being careful not to overcook.
- Add remaining ingredients and incorporate everything together, stirring occasionally.
- Turn up the heat and bring chili to a boil.
- Cover chili, lower heat, and simmer for another 30-35 minutes.