What's up, doc? You don't have to be a bunny to know carrots are delicious. Not only is this root vegetable packed with antioxidant-rich beta-carotene, it's also a great source of a number of other nutrients and antioxidants. But when you get sick of eating them steamed, boiled, or julienned, test out an even better alternative: cake! This recipe calls for a whopping two cups of grated carrots, and pairs it with whole-wheat pastry flour and coconut sugar. But this is no ordinary carrot cake. The addition of whey and Greek yogurt turn this delicious dish into a protein powerhouse. Bake it, and dig in.
- 1½ cup pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 scoop NLA For Her: Her Whey, Vanilla Cupcake
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1½ cup almond milk
- 2 cup carrots, shredded
- 4 oz neufchatel cheese
- ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 serving (2 scoops) NLA For Her: Her Whey, Vanilla Cupcake
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine all ingredients, excluding carrots.
- Stir in carrots.
- Pour into 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients for the frosting in a food processor or blender.
- Frost the cooled cake. Top with walnuts.