You'll see Popeye-like with this oatmeal! Your favorite cartoon hero downed a can of the green stuff when he needed a boost of energy; I'm packing in both spinach and kale to get you swole. Both of these superfoods are chock-full of vitamins and minerals, making this dish strong enough to eat by itself or serve as a side dish with some lean protein. It'll help you go strong to the finish!
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup 1" pieces, loosely packed kale
- 1 tbsp goat cheese
- ½ tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 g coconut oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- to taste rosemary
- Cook rolled oats as directed. Set aside.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, and spray with coconut oil. Toss in the garlic and allow it to sear.
- Add in chopped kale and cook for a few minutes, until the kale begins to wilt. Add spinach and chopped tomato to the skillet and stir. Allow the tomato to sear. The spinach will begin to wilt in about a minute.
- Add the braised kale, wilted spinach, and seared tomato to the bowl with the oatmeal.
- In the same skillet, fry an egg sunny-side up. Place it on top of the oatmeal, and season with sea salt and pepper. Add goat cheese.
- Garnish with chopped rosemary, and enjoy.