Sticking to your Lean Body Meal Plan is easy with this polenta and sea scallop Lean Body-Friendly Recipes.
- 2 pound sea Scallops
- 2 cup organic Polenta
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ whole red onion, diced
- 1 whole mushroom
- ½ whole diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the bouillon cube and polenta. Turn the heat down and simmer, stirring occasionally, until creamy, about 10 min.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion, mushroom, and pepper into thin slices. Heat the oil in a medium skillet and add them to the skillet along with the garlic. Saute until the onions are soft, 4 to 5 min. Set aside.
- Dry the scallops well on paper towels. Place a little olive oil in a large nonstick skillet and heat until very hot; add the scallops in a single layer. This needs to be done on high heat so they cook quickly and seal on the outside. Cook the scallops about 2 min on each side. Do not overcook; the scallops should cut easily with a fork. Remove from the heat immediately.
- In large bowls layer the polenta, cheese, and veggies, and top with the scallops.