I am very excited to share this recipe because it is not only diet-friendly, but it tastes great! I worked very hard to find the perfect crust -- delizioso!
- ¾ cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp granulated Stevia
- 1 large egg whites
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese (skim-milk)
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz lean ground beef
- ¼ cup arugula, raw
- 2 slice prosciutto
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- Directions for crust: Preheat oven to 400.
- Bring 1 cup water to boil. Add the grounded steel cut oats and sugar substitute.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the baking soda and egg white and flatten onto pre-sprayed pizza pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Directions for the pizza: Brown the ground beef/turkey in a pan over medium-high heat and set aside.
- Mix the ricotta and marinara in a small bowl.
- Top pizza crust with sauce and ricotta mixture, ground meat, arugula, prosciutto, mozzarella and bell peppers.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Note: The toppings can be modified to fit your dietary needs, but these are my favorite.