Use this recipe from sports nutritionist Matt Lovell after a training session or anytime you want a new take on that tired old chicken.
- 1 lb chicken liver, washed and cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cup spinach
- ½ tsp piri piri seasoning
- ½ tsp allspice, ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup white Rice
- Put oil in a pan and put it on medium heat.
- Once it's good and warm, chuck in the onion, peppers, and garlic, and saute until they brown. Smells good, doesn't it?
- Now lob in the chicken livers and all the spices.
- Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes. Then scrunch up the spinach and add it in so it can wilt.
- Lather it over your rice. Top with a few sprinkles of parsley for a dish that's tasty yet so affordable that you'll have enough to spring for a decent bottle of red.