These make-ahead gussied-up oats are ready to help you recover the minute your workout comes to a halt. Soaking the oats removes the need to cook them, making this recipe a great option for transporting with you if you're going to be away from the kitchen after exercise and you don't want to delay refueling. The recipe can also be easily altered if you're dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅔ cup low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- In a wide-mouth half-pint glass jar, layer in oats, protein powder, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
- Stir in milk and vanilla if using.
- Top with peanut butter and raspberries.
- Seal shut and chill for two or more hours or up to three days.