Take the classic combination of vanilla sweetness and citrus tartness to a new level with this fruit-inspired concoction. Don't let your taste buds be confined by the time of day either. A bowl of this delicious blend can be enjoyed for dessert or as a pre- or post-workout meal.
- ¼ cup raw oats
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vanilla protein ice cream
- In a nonstick pot, bring your milk and oats to a boil. Allow it to simmer for 3-5 minutes until you get a thick and "porridgy" consistency.
- Remove oatmeal from the heat and let it cool before adding the rest of the ingredients, including 1 tbsp orange zest. Add the whey after you cook the oats, or it will curdle.
- If you like your oatmeal thicker, add a bit less milk. If you like your oats runnier, add a bit more milk.
- For a dessert-like treat, top with your favorite protein ice cream. You can use either a store-bought one, or make your own version.
- Note: Almond milk can be used as a substitution for coconut milk.