The yule log cake, also known as the bûche de Nöel or "log of Christmas," is one of those desserts that seldom ventures outside of the holiday season. While it's destined to be forever relegated to December and January—gracing bakeries with vanilla, chocolate, and buttercream filling—there's one version of the holiday log you won't find lining supermarket shelves: the protein yule log.
- ½ cup casein protein powder
- ¾ cup milk, fat-free
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Blend the casein (chocolate flavor) with the milk and cocoa until you get a smooth mix.
- Using a large knife, spread the frosting onto your cake. Roll it. Decorate with some coconut flakes, cranberries, or whatever you fancy!
- Note: You can use cow, almond, or coconut milk.