Stuffed bell peppers are one of the most popular recipes I make, and for good reason. Not only does it provide you with a serving of protein and vegetables, it creates a portable meal in a vessel you can eat. Say goodbye to dirty dishes, and dig into a stuffed pepper.
- 8 oz ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season lean ground beef or turkey with garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, sea salt and pepper, red onion, and parsley.
- Slice a bell pepper in half, and carve out the inside.
- Place the halves in small microwave-safe bowls, and add a few tablespoons of water to the bowl to help the bell pepper soften while it cooks.
- Stuff the bell pepper halves, and microwave for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes.
- If desired, add a little reduced-fat cheddar or mozzarella on top, and microwave again for another minute. If you want to avoid cheese, try adding a little chunky marinara on top.
- Enjoy with a complex carbohydrate such as brown rice or quinoa.
- Boost for Gainers: Add 2/3 cup cooled, cooked brown rice or quinoa to the raw meat mixture to increase the amount of complex carbohydrates.