A great way to get your eggs on the go is to wrap them up in a breakfast burrito. This recipe calls for egg whites instead of whole eggs to cut fat, and fresh spinach and a whole-wheat tortilla to add nutrients. Feta cheese replaces the traditional jack or cheddar, making this a much lighter, healthier option than your local drive-thru for those mornings when you need to eat on the go.
- ¼ cup, chopped onions
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 whole whole wheat soft tortillas
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat feta cheese
- In a pan, gently sweat the onions until very soft. Add the crushed red pepper and a pinch of salt. Add the egg whites and spinach, stirring continuously to scramble and cook the egg whites. Season to taste with salt.
- On low heat, warm the tortilla on both sides. Place the egg-white mixture in the center of the tortilla and sprinkle with feta. Fold the ends in and roll the burrito up.