When it's fall, I want all things maple, apple, caramel, pumpkin spice, and everything nice! These incredible protein doughnuts help satisfy a few of those cravings with a maple glaze, moist pumpkin cake, and spices of the season: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. This scores as one of my top five favorite protein-doughnut recipes! It's deceiving how unhealthy these taste!
- 60 g unflavored whey protein powder
- ½ cup granular erythritol
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup pumpkin, canned
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 30 g unflavored whey protein powder
- 3 tbsp confectioners erythritol
- 2 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp maple extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the wet ingredients. The batter will be thick, almost like a dough.
- Spoon the batter into a Ziploc bag, seal it, and cut off one corner to make a piping bag.
- Coat six wells of a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- Pipe the batter into the wells using your "piping bag" (or an actual piping bag if you have one).
- Bake the doughnuts for 8-12 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients to make the glaze and put glaze in fridge.
- Once donuts have cooled, spread with glaze and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer up to one month (without glaze).