This is a highly requested dish in my family. I love coming home to the smells of garlic, Malaysian curry, steaming-hot coconut milk, and prawns. Prawns are high in protein and low in fat. Pair them with some brown rice and steamed veggies for a balanced and very tasty meal.
- ½ lb prawns
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1½ cup lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in large pan over medium high heat.
- Add fresh garlic.
- Rinse prawns and lightly salt and pepper.
- Add prawns to pan and sprinkle with curry powder.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until all prawns are well-seasoned.
- Add coconut milk and turn heat to low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.