Crab is an excellent source of protein and the added oats in this recipe will help to boost the fiber content while providing you with a slow digesting form of carb.
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 16 oz crab meat
- 1 cup oatmeal, cooked
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Combine the green onions, parsley, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, mayonnaise, worshestershire, and egg whites in a bowl. Add to this the crab meat and 1/4 cup of the oatmeal, mixing well.
- Form into 8 patties and then coat them in the remaining oatmeal.
- Place the crab cakes on a plate that's been lined with wax paper and then allow to sit in the fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Once finished, place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown in color.