Tired of your egg whites and oatmeal? Go all-American with a couple strips of bacon and a fried egg. The sweet potato adds a unique flavor and provides vitamin A, C, manganese, fiber, potassium, B vitamins, and iron.
- 1 whole sweet potato
- 2 slice bacon
- ½ cup broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake potato for 1 hour or until soft then let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook for 3 minutes or until broccoli appears bright green and tender. Separate broccoli.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and fry egg to personal preference.
- Slice the top of each potato lengthwise and scoop out the insides with a spoon into a bowl, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell. Mash the sweet potato and mix in the cooked broccoli, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Scoop the sweet potato mixture back into the potato shell and top with the fried egg.