This makes enough for several meals. And it's great reheated.
- ⅓ lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 3 cube beef Broth
- 8 whole mushroom
- 2 whole bay leaf
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp, ground black pepper
- 1½ cup dried lentils
- 5 whole tomato, finely diced
- In a large pot, cook the turkey over low heat just until it stops looking raw. Stir while it's cooking to break up clumps.
- Add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add the bouillon cubes, tomatoes, mushrooms, bay leaves, garlic, pepper, and lentils. Bring back to a boil, then turn down to a low simmer. Cook about 1 hour, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking on the bottom. The soup will thicken as the lentils soften and then dissolve.