If you're looking for a nutrient-packed side dish to accompany your main protein source, this recipe fits the bill perfectly. You'll get a solid dose of vitamin C from the peppers, along with all of kale's own considerable nutrient power. Add in some garlic and ginger and you'll also get immune-boosting and heart-protecting benefits with your meal.
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole diced red bell pepper
- 1 whole diced yellow bell pepper
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 5 cup kale, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic.
- Sauté peppers and onions for 2-3 minutes. Add in kale, ginger, and chicken broth.
- Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale is tender and chicken broth has evaporated. Serve immediately.