Meal prep doesn’t get any easier! This chicken goes well with just about any side dish. If you want a leaner version of this dish, remove the skin after cooking. If you’re a keto dieter, though, that extra fat might fit right into your plan
- 1 whole chicken whole chicken (3lbs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole onion, finely diced
- 1 whole yellow pepper, sliced
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp, ground basil, dried
- ½ lemon yields lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced onion, peppers, and garlic inside the chicken’s cavity and tie legs together.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté and add remaining oil.
- When oil is hot, add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Place trivet in bottom of Instant Pot; add the heated chicken broth to pot (don't add cold liquids to hot oil).
- Place chicken breast on trivet. Season it with a sprinkle of spice mixture and a drizzle of lemon juice.
- Place cover on Instant Pot, set pot to manual, and cook chicken at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, turn off pot and allow chicken to stand for 15 minutes more to allow for natural release of pressure.
- Once Instant Pot is depressurized, open lid, remove chicken to serving platter.
- Let chicken rest 10 minutes before carving.