Need a new dinner idea? You have got to check out this extremely delicious Indian Chicken Curry.
- ½ cup water
- 2½ cup white Rice
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger root
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp, whole cumin seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garam Masala
- 3 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3½ tbsp ghee clarified butter
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium (2-1/2" dia) onions
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander
- 15 oz tomatoes, crushed, canned
- 1 cup yogurt plain whole milk
- Start by chopping onion, garlic and ginger finely.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat, and add diced chicken breasts - cooking until golden brown on both sides, flipping once. Season with salt, and set aside. The chicken does not need to be fully cooked here, just browned all over.
- After removing the chicken, add onions, garlic, and ginger - cooking for 3 minutes until tender and translucent. Stir in spices, and 1 tbsp of water. Stir together, then add tomatoes, yogurt, 1/2 cup of water, and chopped cilantro. Bring to a boil, and add chicken back in.
- Cover and simmer chicken until cooked through, about 15 minutes. To serve, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top, and serve with rice.