Indulge in the creamy decadence of chocolate and peanut butter while still hitting your protein goals for the day!
- 2 cup medjool dates, pitted and packed
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 scoop Kaged Muscle Kasein, Chocolate Shake
- 4 tbsp cacao nibs
Chocolate Coating Ingredients
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
Peanut Butter Drizzle Ingredients
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Place dates in food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add peanut butter, vanilla extract, chocolate Kasein protein powder, and sea salt, then blend for another 30 seconds. Add the cacao nibs, and pulse to distribute.
- Transfer mixture to freezer and allow 30 minutes to set. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove mixture from freezer. Scoop heaping tablespoons of mixture, roll tight into 1-inch balls, and place on baking sheet. Transfer the sheet to the freezer and allow balls to set for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler* and whisk until smooth. Set aside for Step 5.
- Remove baking sheet from freezer. Spoon a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture over each ball. Transfer baking sheet back to freezer and allow 15 minutes to set.
- In a double broiler*, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup until smooth. Lightly drizzle balls with mixture. Serve.
- *A double boiler is a set of two fitted saucepans that are stacked together with space between them. If you don't have a double boiler, you can substitute by using a large saucepan filled with 2 inches of water and a steel-mixing bowl placed inside of it. Bring the water to a simmer before placing the mixing bowl with the ingredients in the pan. Be sure that no water comes in contact with the chocolate, or the mixture will bind up.