For those of us with a sweet tooth?yes, even I indulge?the desire for dessert never goes away. Try this protein-packed and flavor-filled dessert. It has great omega fats from the walnuts and medium-chain triglycerides from the coconut. Your palate and your doctor will both be thrilled.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- 2½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp natural almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook rice according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups almond milk, protein powder, salt, vanilla extract, almond butter, coconut, cranberries, cinnamon, and cooked brown rice.
- Place mixture into an oven safe dish and top with walnuts.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes and stir in an additional cup of almond milk to moisten.
- Serve immediately.