Simple and delicious, a ham-and-cheese griller offers a great source of protein and calcium. Add Popeye's favorite veggie to enjoy an exhaustive list of vitamins and minerals like A, K, potassium, and iron. You'll be out the door quickly with a smile on your face, since you didn't force yourself through another bowl of bland oats.
- 2 slice ezekiel bread
- 2 oz ham, low sodium
- 1 oz low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Brush one side of each piece of bread with a tablespoon of fat-free mayonnaise.
- Place bread and ham separately on the grill.
- Flip ham after 1-2 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Transfer ham slices, cheddar cheese, and spinach to one slice of bread. Then cover with second piece.
- Cook for 30-60 seconds or until cheese begins to melt, then flip. Cook for 30 more seconds to seal sandwich.
- Add mustard for additional flavor.