Parties and social gatherings are always a struggle for people trying to reach their muscle-building or fat-loss goals, especially if you party often! I always tell clients to bring healthy food with them. That way, they can have fun with their friends and family without jeopardizing their health and fitness goals. You might also be surprised to find that this healthy alternative will be a popular option for other guests. They'll be asking you how you made your delicious snacks! The next time you're asked to bring food to a party, try one of these healthy, high-protein snacks.
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 8 oz water chestnuts
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 3 cup baby spinach
- Microwave spinach 1 minute.
- In a bowl, mix cottage cheese, yogurt and soup mix. Add water chestnuts, carrots and spinach and stir gently.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.