If you love a good meatloaf but fear its high fat and calorie content, swap out the beef for bison for a low-fat, high-protein treat. Replacing bread crumbs with oatmeal provides a source of carbohydrate you can feel good about putting into your body.
- 1½ lb bison, ground
- ¾ cup plain instant oats
- ¾ cup onion, finely chopped
- 8 tbsp low-sugar ketchup
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp onion soup mix powder
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix lightly with your hands (get into it!) until all ingredients are well combined.
- 3. Place ingredients into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 50 minutes or until done to your taste.
- 4. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 5. Slice meatloaf and serve.