Kale is a great source of vitamins A, C, and K. It also offers a boatload of minerals your body needs to stay healthy. Add some healthy fats from the walnuts and some natural carbs from the pear and you're looking at a nutritional profile worth singing about. To make this a more complete meal, add some lean protein.
- 6 cup 1" pieces, loosely packed kale
- 1 pear, sliced
- 2 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp powdered Stevia
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ignite grill.
- Massage kale leaves with 1/2 tbsp olive oil until lightly tender.
- On grill, evenly spread kale leaves and pear slices.
- Cook 2-3 minutes each side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, Stevia, salt, and pepper.
- Top kale with pear slices, 1 tbsp chopped walnuts, and drizzle with dressing on plate.