This cauliflower soup is delicious and loaded with nutrition. Prepare a big batch and serve before your main course. People who start their meal with soups tend to consume fewer calories overall, which might help you shed a few pounds.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is slightly golden. Remove red pepper pieces, set aside, and dice when cool.
- Add the cauliflower, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and paprika to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow mixture to cool, then puree in a blender until smooth. Note: Scalding-hot liquids can expand and explode in a blender. Always cool liquid until it's comfortable to the touch before blending it.
- Return to skillet and add diced red pepper. Stir in Parmesan cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.