Many people don't include enough fatty acids in their diets. But you need to make an effort to increase omega fats if you want to maintain good health and achieve a leaner body composition. Combine salmon with eggs to score double the protein and essential fats! This recipe includes wholesome carbohydrates from the whole-wheat English muffin as well.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 slice, thin/small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 oz, boneless salmon, smoked
- 1 muffin whole-wheat English muffin
- Heat half a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan. Add a tablespoon of chopped red onion with one tablespoon of chopped green onion and cook until slightly tender.
- Add two egg whites and scramble until cooked through, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- Slice one whole wheat English muffin and place in the toaster. Smear with one tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Top one half of the English muffin with a slice of tomato and one ounce of smoked salmon. Top the other half with the egg mixture from the pan and then place both halves together.