This recipe is a fun twist on the classic breakfast hash. You'll need a bowl that fits inside the pot to make this. When the eggs are cooked, turn the bowl upside down to reveal a molded dish. It's a great lazy morning meal that's a nice balance of proteins, carbs, and fats.
- 6 strip turkey bacon
- 2 cup sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 2 whole egg
- 1 cup egg whites
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 whole onion, finely diced
- 2 whole green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté.
- When pot is hot, add chopped bacon and sauté until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Add the olive oil and vegetables to pot. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove all ingredients from Instant Pot.
- Spray the interior of a bowl that will fit inside Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the eggs and egg whites, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper to bowl. Whisk until combined. Add the bacon, sweet potatoes, and vegetables to mixture.
- Place trivet in bottom of Instant Pot. Add 1 1/2 cups water to Instant Pot. Place bowl on top of trivet. Water should surround bowl.
- Cover Instant Pot and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Release pressure, and remove bowl from pot. Bowl will be hot!.
- Loosen the food from the edges from the bowl; turn bowl upside down and release egg dish onto plate.
- Carefully cut egg dish into slices. Serve each slice garnished with cheese.